The graphic art in Massage was originally done by Quentin Fiore; the new cover design is by Shepard Fairey.
You know nothing of my work. You mean my whole fallacy is wrong. How you ever got to teach anything is totally amazing.languagenerds.com/771-cellphone-number.php
The Medium is the Massage
Thank you for this dedication. Name required.
Mail will not be published required. All comments are moderated: you will see it, but until it's approved no one else will. Everybody else: ashes upon your heads Copyright , Bill Wolf speedreaders.
- Item Preview.
- RE-TOUCHING McLUHAN - The Medium is the Massage Conference | transmediale?
- Statistical Physics: Part 1 (3rd Edition) (Course of Theoretical Physics, Volume 5).
- iOS 5 Programming Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Apps?
Comment Sandee Rauenzahn , January 7, RSS Feed - Comments. Superbly designed by Quentin Fiore, the typography, layout and accompanying images wittily illustrate the content, making this McLuhan's most accessible text. For an account of the design and composition of The Medium is the Massage , see Lupton and Miller For contemporary reviews see Crosby and Bond , especially Publisher's Weekly A year after its publication in book form, an audio version was released. Each medium, independent of the content it mediates, has its own intrinsic effects which are its unique message.
The message of any medium or technology is the change of scale or pace or pattern that it introduces into human affairs.
The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects
The railway did not introduce movement or transportation or wheel or road into human society, but it accelerated and enlarged the scale of previous human functions, creating totally new kinds of cities and new kinds of work and leisure. This happened whether the railway functioned in a tropical or northern environment, and is quite independent of the freight or content of the railway medium.
- Presaging the digital revolution by a half century, or what Telstar has to do with global wisdom..
- Hear Marshall McLuhan's The Medium is the Massage () | Open Culture.
- Hope and Glory: Britain 1900-2000: Updated to Cover 1992-2002 (Penguin History of Britain)!
- Data Protection Choices;
- Quentin Fiore (1920-12222) Dies!
- Carriage of goods by sea.
- Book of the Week: Marshall McLuhan’s The Medium is the Massage!
Understanding Media , NY, , p. What McLuhan writes about the railroad applies with equal validity to the media of print, television, computers and now the internet. He did not get it from Teilhard, however.